Friday 4 October 2013

Astronaut - NOT!

Sooooo, my therapy has started.

Before I get into THAT detail.. IT SNOWED IN DONETSK! My Chotay Bhaiyya is there and he actually called to taunt me -_- As if that wasn't enough, pata chala Kyiv mai bhi it snowed last night but I was UP ALL NIGHT AND I DIDN'T EVEN SEE ANYTHING!!! Baqaul Bhai k mamuli si thi, jo gaarion k upar nazar ati hai. Mujhe kun nai ayi? Kill me please? =(

Ghussa ho gaya. Back to my therapy. In case you know, I am keeping an eye out just to check if there is any snow. I don't even know what to expect -_-

(I started this post yesterday and at this point my net stopped working. I got really excited thinking that either it's raining or hopefully snowing but nothing -_- Upar se net bhi band! Sonay pe abhaga!)

Khair I continue, see this is the hospital I go to for my therapy:

Across the road - darakhat ke peechay

Yehan pe ilaaj is quite different from Pakistan. First, these people believe in natural healing and working hard unlike our doctors who love to prescribe medicines. Second, they are dedicated to their patients. Ye log kaam mai dandi nai martay. At all times at least one member of the staff gives you complete attention.

Sab se pehle I get a leg massage with this. Mujhe tau itna feel nai hota but Bhai said it's like koi ap ke paon daba raha ho. Alright, then! Machine-y khidmat it is =P Then I get magnetic stimulation with something like this. This is the new part! Now, I have had many treatments, exercises and therapies done but nothing like this. Iski awaaz is similar to something you hear in an MRI room. He just keeps the thingy on my lower back aur iska effect is like someone is giving you constant punches in the back! Nope, it's not painful just jhatke lagte hain =P Uske baad I walk wearing what is know as the ADELI Suit which takes about a gazillion years to wear. Okayyy fineeee.. it takes about 10-12 minutes and I just have to stand there while they fasten, pull, fix everything in place. Mai tau sochri thi if I buy the suit I have no idea isay mujhe pehannaye ga kaun? -_-

Even this is new for me. It definitely makes walking easier! Thora time ziada lagta hai because my posture is right mashaAllah but it helps with my balance ALOT! Aaj I had to walk for 15minutes. Ek floor bhi charh k gayi.. itni sardi mai garmi lagni shuru ho jaati hai and I have worked out for longer periods and in worst weathers tau socho me kintini mehnat kar rahi! Lots of dua's okay?

Ek mazay ki baat bataon? First time in Ukraine I saw a handsome guy. I mean REALLY handsome! Some doctor in the hospital. Not that guys are not good looking here, in fact, they are so good they almost look like girls =P but this one looked like a proper guy AND HE WAS WHEELING OUT A DEAD FRIKKIN BODY!!! -_- *dhachka*

Ek aur weird tradition bataon? Yehan pe you have to address elders with their full name as a sign of respect. Matlab if you are their age tau you are on first name basis, but if you are younger or in a formal setting then you have to take the full name otherwise they mind :-/ Batao! Ek tau itnay ajeeb naam upar se puray ke puray lo. My doctor's name is Alexander Petrovich. Nickname - Sasha. Ab Alexander Sasha kaise bana ye bhi meri samajh se bahar hai! Yehan pe road pe kharay ho ke if you yell SASHA or NATASHA or TATIANA or LENA tau pura mulk ek jaga jama ho jaye because apparently they don't know any other names! Driver bhi Sasha, doctor bhi Sasha, kutta bhi Sasha! Seriously!?

Oh well. My therapy ends with another massage on another machine which looks something like this.. yehan is se thori ziada advanced hai. Sun'ay mai it doesn't sound that much but when I am back home I am so famished I eat like a lunatic and then I sleep like one too because I am so so tired!

Mujhe abhi bhi neenu arahi! Check out some random pics I took:


Hello? Gari hai humari bahi apka drawing room nai!

We stopped to buy crutches for me and ye madam jump maar k agayeen! Phir humare driver ne horn maar ke bhaga dia. The only time I have seen him use it (after he waited for me to click a pic =P ).

Went to pick up Bhai from work

Until next time. Ciao!

9 comments:

  1. Aasalam Aaliakum, good to know that finally your therapy has been started. Lagta hai wahan snow bhi Karachi ki taraha hoti hai, soon it will be snowing... woW they are too professional & loyal to their job unlike here in Pakistan. I love your ADELI Suit, Masa'allah you've walked for 15 mins. & even climb upto one floor, they will make you an Astronaut soon and our duas are always with you Aani. A handsome guy *ahem ahem* wait very soon you'll see another handsome guy. What kind of tradition is that calling elders with full names our elders will slap us if we do that here and that's a one weird name Alexander Sasha, why its so popular ? All shots are superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaikum salam. Hahaha. Handsome guy *ahem ahem* kya .. DEAD BODY parhna bhool gaye agay =P

      If you don't take their full name it either means that you consider them to be the same age as you in which case the women probably will take it as a compliment =P Mujhe itna ajeeb lagta hai -_-

      Alexander Petrovich is his name, Sasha is his nickname. Humare driver ka naam bhi Sasha hai =P

      Remember in prayers! <3 =^_^=

      Delete
  2. Privet, nice post. I hope your therapy goes well *prayers*. I want to say it once again your country is awesome :p Sab kuch organised hai wahan, traditions bhi hain izzat bhi hai old people ki. Yahan to na sardi hai na bijli, Internet bhi mara hoa hai or Jab tak gari ka horn na bajao kisi pe asar nahi hota and the list goes on...
    And What's your nickname in Ukrainian language? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! My country is Pakistan and it is awesome =P Waise ye cheez tau hai yehan pe.. generally people are nice and they will respect you. Lekin humare hisab se log kaafi besharam hain aur our internet is WAY better than theirs. Yehan jo bohat acha hai woh bohat mehnga hai -_-

      Oooohh! I'll have to write a post on THAT! =D

      Delete
  3. lol all you see is a very thin, whitish layer on dark cars. It looks more like ice than snow :)

    I've heard about both that massage 'jacket' and EMF therapy. EMF supposedly works by fiddling around with the electrical current flowing through your nerves, stimulating nerve endings and such. At least that's what I understood from the medical jargon :)

    You've got my prayers Hina. Can't give anything better than that :) And it's good. Jitni mehnat karogi abhi utni jaldi you'll be able to walk on your own, without support. I know from experience that hard work and dedication do pay off. My fractured hand? I wasn't supposed to get full functionality from it, but I did. And I ran around the construction site a few months ago, with a badly sprained ankle (also had some hairline fractures). The result was that I had full functionality and healed faster :)

    hahahaha rishte ki baat karlen us larke se? hahahaha dead body hi to thi :P

    haha Sasha is pretty popular in Russia. There's some history behind the name so everyone keeps it as a nickname at least. It's basically something like koi masculinity highlight karta hai or something.

    Okay this third machine is good. It actually improves your metabolism and tells your body to absorb food faster. It is more like an aerobic exercise machine than a massager. It vibrates and gently moves your feet, right?

    Wow, those trees are awesome! Man I love winters in places like theseeeeeee!

    Loving your blog so far :O Keep it up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaar dil matt jalao. No matter how hard I try even with my awesome eyesight I can't see anything from 22nd floor =P

      There is nothing better than prayers anyways so JazakAllah khair for that =)

      Hahaha. Rishte ki baat! I saw him for a few seconds.. WITH A DEAD BODY! I mean COME ON!!!

      I am not sure. I'll ask if Sasha is something special =P

      Not just feet it works on the whole body. It's pretty cool considering you simply stand on it and it works on every individual muscle group.

      Thank you =^_^=

      Delete
    2. hahahaha you can't see anything from that high up :P Jab neeche jao morning mein kabhi tab dekhna :P
      BarakAllah feekum :) (Hope I typed that right :-/ )

      hahahahaha arey, just dead body hi thi :P Koi aur bandi hoti to phir baat aur thi :P :D

      hehehehe Sasha is something lol :P Google se puch ke dekhna :P

      Neat :-/ Me likey :D As lazy as I am, I'd love thaaaaaaat :D

      You're welcomeeeeee :P

      Delete
    3. Haan. Woh ofcourse ita sharif hoga mere intezaar mai zindagi guzaar raha hoga ke koi aur bandi nai hogi =P

      Google se kun poochon jab log hain yehan =D

      Delete
  4. hahahahaha okay pucho logon se :P
    And kia pata tumhare intezaar mein baith bhi gaya ho Devdas ban ke hahahaha

    ReplyDelete