Friday 11 October 2013

Super Sunday

Today, I learned two more things about Russians.

1. It's abshagun for a watch/clock to not tick (matlab band gharian ghar mai nai lagani chahiyeh =P);
2. They celebrate monthly birthdays (which my Abbu has named Mahgirah (you know instead of saalgirah).

I have a thing for Sundays. I like to laze around and do nothing. I don't know why. I hate making plans, going out, attending dawats or shaadis or whatever unless I am in the mood to do so on that particular day but otherwise no. Sunday is for lazing around bhalay pura week hi laze around kar k kun na guzara ho. I have a routine.. I eat scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast and then I eat a very very light dinner aur baaki din kuuuuuuch nai karti. In mai se ek cheez bhi idhar udhar ho jaye tau sara mood kharab ho jata hai mera! Yehan pe abhi tak mera EK bhi Sunday waisa nai guzra -_-

(Aaj maine socha susti chor ke I should finish this Super Sunday post, warna coming Super Awesome Sunday post ka kya hoga kun k.. kun keeeeee.. I know you know why this Sunday is ispechul. It's SOMEONE's ACTUAL birthday =P )

Last Sunday my Aunt came from Russia specially to meet us. She traveled 12 hours from Moscow to Kyiv and stayed for 8 hours and then back again to the 12 hour train ride o_O Wow! Mai tau marr hi na jaon 1-2 din mai itna travel karna paray tau.

Khair, she came around 12pm and she stayed till 7pm aur din kaisay guzra pata hi nai chala. We met her after almost 7 years! She brought us many gifts but I absolutely loved these:

Pretty na?

I didn't eat these because the ingredients were fishy but they look great =D My Aunt cannot speak English or Urdu so my brother had to stay home for translation. She is good friends with Ammi tau they went down memory lane and started talking about stuff when she used to live in Pakistan. My Aunt I mean. She said when she was leaving for Pakistan her friends told her that people there will sell her for a tractor (hahahaha!) =D but when she came here, it was nothing like she had imagined. She drank tea for the first time in Pakistan and behold! We had Coca Cola! =D

Back in those days USSR was in a really bad state. She once saw a rat in Pakistan and told my Uncle that look they have rats here. He replied that's because they have food here =P Maine Bhai ko bola ke tell her it's the opposite now. When my brother told her the state of Karachi right now.. she was shocked! She said I cannot ever imagine Karachi like that! She used to go shopping late night, everyone was kind and nice and they never had any security issues. I felt really bad and sad when she was saying all these things. I also remember my childhood Karachi and I miss it ='(

She asked Ammi to make cholay and zarda for her. She loves meethay chawal as she calls it! It was so nice to see her appreciate all our desi things: she would smell the tea and chaat masala. She loves the aroma! When Bhai asked if we should order something like sushi or german food.. she was like what??? Are you crazy? That over Pakistani homemade food.. noway! =P While we were having lunch she saw the grandfather clock next to the dining table that wasn't working and it bothered her. Like really really bothered her! She got up from the dining table, fixed the clock and didn't come back to eat till it was ticking away! =D

When she left, we quickly got ready because we had to go to my Uncle's place as my cousin sisters had their one month anniversary! I asked Bhai if it was anything special, he said no it's just family. Alright then. I had the camera in my hand throughout the 30mins ride in case I get to shoot something interesting (ofcourse not!). Just as we were close to my Uncle's house I packed it (in the dark) because well, it was a simple dinner, nothing special and camera pakar ke I can't walk. But just as we reached the gate.. I shouted "WHAT?" and our driver literally LOLed -_- Why? Ye dekho:




This is nothing special? Humari tau shaadiyon mai itni tayyari nai hoti! And it really truly was a simple dinner with JUST family!





Seriously? I MEAN COME ON!!! All my 28 birthdays combined I have never had such an extravagant party! Or rather decorations because this technically wasn't a party =P Although, my silver jubilee was quite interesting because I was in Ukraine and celebrated it in two different cities but THIS WAS AWESOME! They also had some sort of changing lights thing at the back but nobody took  me out so I could take a picture =(

Are you ready for the cake now?





My cousin sisters celebrated their first month with a Cabbage Cake! Now, these people do make beautiful cakes but ours definitely taste better. Bhai agreed. Although, I didn't try this one because well, I am never sure and I try to avoid when I am not really sure. Other than that it was quite a fun evening.

Apart from the celebrations, Bailka was being extremely cute that day! She jumped in my lap and sat there for like half an hour. I was still wearing my jacket, I had the camera in my hand and I sat in the same position for half an hour! Uske baad I asked Ammi ke bahi hatayen isay mai thora hilon tau =P When Ammi tried to hold her she dug her nails (claws?) in my jeans and udhair di saari -_- I think woh naraz ho gayi because after that whenever I tried to click her picture she would just turn around and leave. But I love her to death still =^_^=

Purring in my lap
We had to explain that it's not a morcha but a stroller =P


Go away, Kheena!

I am the Queen!
Ye madam ka mood tau off ho gaya tha but us din dosray mister zara mood mai thay. Waise tau zindagi mai kabhi lift nai karayi except my last two visits. Shakal pe matt jana iski.. His name is Crystal =D

In case you are wondering that is NOT part of the sofa =P

Tell me who Crystal reminds you of? =P
 Can someone please gift me a persian kitten for my birthday? No? Okay -_-

Until next time. Ciao!



15 comments:

  1. I just have one word for this one: WOW :-/
    Wish my birthdays were ever this 'festive' :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. I have had 'festive' birthdays but never this extravaganza =P I mean not that I approve but I wouldn't mind if someone surprises me =^_^=

      Delete
    2. hahahaha yeahh kabhi kabhi aisi birthday bhi achi lagti hai :D
      Meri birthday pe kia hota hai. I get some ecards and handmade cards by my family, my cousin and both aunts give me 2 cards, and maybe a shirt or two as gifts. Bas hogayii birthday :-/
      The usual tweets and FB posts as well lol

      Delete
    3. I have always had small family dinners, some of them more memorable than the others. I don't think I have had a big birthday bash. I do want a surprise birthday someday.. not a big party, just a surprise birthday party would be nice =D

      Oooohhh I love handmade cards! Mere paas mere nieces, nephews ki itni saari karastaniyan pari hain! <3

      Thank God I am no longer on FB! Nothing is more fake than a cold and dull "HBD" on your wall -_-

      Delete
    4. lol I'd love a small birthday party too but haven't had one in two decades hahahaha

      It sucks being too old for such stuff :-/ Me too, but ab woh bhi nahin milenge mujhe and you know why hehehehehehehe

      Lucky you :P My niece isn't even interested in making birthday cards hahahaha

      Yeah I agree, that sucks, but it is pretty convenient lol

      Delete
    5. One is NEVER too old for "such" stuff. Mai 80 saal ki bhi birthday manaon gi and I will insist on having 80 candles EXACTLY! huhuhahaha =P

      Aww.. that's bad. My nieces nephews tau lowe me. You should see the cards they made me last year (pics are on the other blog) =^_^=

      Delete
    6. hahaha more candles than cake then hahahahahahaha socho, 80 kia 100 ki hogayii tab kia hoga? :D
      My niece loves me too but only till I let her use my phone or mastify with her hehehehe
      Okay dekhta hoon :P

      Delete
    7. Tab hundred candles.. aur fan on karwa don gi! DUH!!! =P

      Mere wale tau bechare mangtay rehte hain bas kabhi hi milta hai =D

      Delete
    8. hahahahaha bechare cake ka halwa bana do gi hahahaha :D
      hahahaha main to kabhi na doon :P haath bhi na lagaane doon apne phone ko :P

      Delete
  2. I'm reading this post on your birthday so "Happy Birthday to you" :)

    I see picture of a cat in baby stroller, I guess this time they didn't ask you to wear mask before seeing the birthday girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Faizan :')

      Hahaha! That's right they didn't THANK GOD! =P

      Delete
  3. hain yeh kia baat hui ? no band clocks in the house & they celebrate birthdays on monthly basis I don't how they manage that but it must have been really hard for someone to decide what to give him/her each month ? why you skipped lunch on sundays ? You should have eat one itni durr se tou layee thi aap ke liye ? I think your mom is quite good at zarda & cholay. You are right hamary yeha tou shadi par bhi itni tiyari nahi hoti I love the cake the 2 little kids sleeping on top of it woW beautiful pics I remember my friend's cat dug her nails in my t-shirt when my friend wants to take her away from me cats are so moody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, ye hum mai bhi hota hai. Ammi said unki koi buzurg aunty kehti theen band ghari achi baat nai hoti =P It's not that hard and I don't think you are expected to get a present.. waise yehan pe flowers dena is a big deal so that counts as a present!

      Pata nai I don't feel like eating on Sundays. Yaar, ingredients check kiye thay maine some of them were fishy isliye nai khaya.. warna dekho tau it's so pretty!

      Cats ko kuch matt bolo I want one like Bailka ='( Also, you didn't tell me who Crystal reminds you of? =P

      Delete
  4. Well Crystal reminds me of a cat in some James Bond movie although I don't remember the name :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woh maine dekhi nai so I don't know that. Previously Crystal reminded me of Garfield but in this particular picture he reminds me of Manhoos Billi don't you think? Hahahahaha =D

      Delete