Thursday 17 October 2013

Khaippy Burzzday Kheena!

I am not kidding that is how they wish Happy Birthday =P

Privet guys!

Sab se pehle maaaIiiiIiIinn (bakra style) ap sab ko moooOooo-habbat bhara Eid Mubarak wish karti hon =P

I am sorry is baar post kaafi late hogaya. I know you guys missed me (=^_^=) but it's not my fault okay? Birthday, Hajj Day, Eid Day, Family Day kind of overlapped and zabardast mash up chalra tha. My 82 (28) years old body could barely take it.. mai tau kahan kahan khud giri pari so rahi thi.. honestly. Pata nai kaun kaun se janmon ki neend puri kar rahi hon -_-

So, about my birthday and super awesome Sunday. It was a blast! First of all, it started off FAB thanks to Farman =) He was the first one to wish me on Pakistan Standard Time, with virtual card, tweets - the whole deal =D Here is another fun Russian tradition: these guys don't accept birthday wishes a SECOND before the actual day. They say it's bad luck. Why? Because it might imply ke something bad will happen and you won't be there to receive the wish on your actual birthday =P HA! And people call me khabti =^_^=

My Chotay Bhaiya was the first one to wish me on Firangi Standard Taime and my Baray Bhaiyya ACTUALLY jumped on me and hugged me and pata nai kya kya barbarata raha for like 5mins suffocating me in the process =P It was so sweet, I couldn't stop laughing!

Few days before my birthday I told Bhai to not order any cake because well, I won't eat it (Halal khabti and all =P ) so he asked a friend of his to bake it. Now, this friend is Indian Sikh and a chef. He too follows the Sikh rules of diet like no meat and stuff tau I don't know why but I was fine with that even though I've never met him. I mean jo apne religion ko samajhta hoga woh dosray ke religion ki bhi izzat karay ga na.. right? And Bhai told him no alcohol, no animal products - he got the gist =D

Humare koi zada oonchay plans nai thay (like my cousin sisters) just a simple family dinner. Bhai also invited Chef Diljeet (I am going to call him DJ) and his wife. They were such a nice couple and wonderful human beings. They met everyone with such warmth and DJ kept calling me Behna, Sister, Choti Behan .. it was so sweet =') And his cake was such a HUGE hit in both taste and look!



I know I know you have already seen it like a gazillion times but it's the first on this blog =P It was supposed to be a three tier cake.. chocolate, almond and pistachio but DJ he didn't find something for the pistachio one so he only made the other two. And you see those flowers? Here have a closer look:


These are NOT real. They are made from sugar or something and you can keep them upto three years or so and decorate them on different desserts. Cool na? Apart from that they also got me real flowers:


Yehan pe flower bouquets are like a BIG deal so you gotta know your flowers. Jitna acha aur jitnay mehngay aur khoobsurat apke flowers utni hi sincere apki niyat =P Ap koi present den na den if you get them a nice bouquet woh itnay khush ho jatay hain jaise pata nai kya teer maar dia ho! Humari maids itni khush ho gayeen fauran se they found a vase and put them in water:


Beautiful na? =') Bas is se upar mera haath nai ja raha tha for a better picture =P My Uncle's MIL also got me flowers but she came late night:



Unhon ne mujhe itna Khaippy Burzday bola, itni dua'in deen and she was like you are as beautiful as these flowers (the ones that she got). Igor, the bodyguard was like -_____- and he cut her in the middle and told my Bhai ke please tell Hina not to take her seriously she is much prettier than THESE flowers.. hahahahaha. Itna seriously le liya us becharay ne k jatay tak mujhe bar bar wohi baat bolta raha. Maine kaha ap pit wit jaye ga Aunty se =P

Oh and ye raha mera Birthday Dinner! Haleem, Daal Chawal, Shaami Kebabs. There was also pakoray, french fries and kheer. DJ and his wife LOVED the food and that's saying something kun ke unke matlab ka sirf daal chawal tha or other vegetarian stuff baaki sab beef dishes theen. Apparently, Sikhs also don't eat beef (DJ doesn't eat meat at ALL!!). Baar baar Ammi ko boltay rahay ke Maa ke haath ka khana, dil khush ho gaya ap ne tau desi cheezon ki yaad dila di =D Aur masalay wali chai pe tau bilkul fidaa jee hi ho gaye. I mean my Mom impressed a chef.. now THAT'S something!



Ye next two pictures esp for Farman. Maybe even for Faizan and Kashif since you guys don't eat spicy stuff =P



Btw, ye meri Ammi ka homemade chaat masala hai.. kha lo tau hosh thikanay ajayen =D

I know I know tum log soch rahay ho.. where are my gifts? Well, ajeeb baat. Is baar I didn't get many gifts. Mostly, everyone just gave me money. Hmm.. ya tau mai bari ho gayi hon ya phir logon ko mehnat nai karni thi to find me a present. I kind of saved up alot though kha ma kha, considering the currency =P Cake, flowers aur paison k ilawa I also got these:


My maid, Luda gave me this bracelet. She kept saying "Coorool" so I thought she meant if I like the color. I told her it's great but she kept repeating "Cooroool" baad mai meri samajh aya she meant Coral =D Ammi told me to wear it later at the dinner which I did. Waise mujh se bhi ziada Ammi loved it =P

Birthday "Card" made by my niece
I have no idea what it says so don't ask =P I told her to translate and she told me she wasn't in the mood -_-

Folding Bed Table from Abbu
I had wanted this table for soooooooooo long! It looks something like this (mere wale ke flowers thoray different hain). Waise tau I was going to pay for this myself but Abbu gifted it to me as a birthday and Eid present. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE ITTTTTTTT esp. the little drawer!!! =D =D =D

Aur is tarhan mera burzday tamaam hua. It was a small dinner but it was filled with love, laughter and sincere wishes. Thank you guys for making it such a special case. In case you missed it, I already wrote a thank you post =)

Until next time. Ciao!

13 comments:

  1. hahahaha matlab chaat masala and woh laal mirch hi dikhaani thi mujheeeeeeeeeeeee? :'(
    Where's the rest of the fooood :P Andddd awesome gifts :D That laptop table reminds me of a breakfast in bed table :D I could use some food right now :-/ Your post made me hungryyyyy!
    You know, flowers ki aik aur baat hai, there's a particular kind of orchid. It's very, very rare, and is usually termed as the most beautiful flower on the planet. It's a gentleman's way of saying, "Beauty belongs with beauty", and used to be the courting flower of choice among the elites of the elites. The flower itself is supposedly very expensive. I don't remember which one it is though :-/
    khairrrr didn't you know that Sikhs are mostly vegetarians? They don't eat meat of any kind. Not even eggs :-/ And they love a mother's handcooked meal over the best, five-star cuisine! They're crazy about it, as are quite a few other people :P
    I love it too :P

    The flowers, the ones DJ made look better than the real things :-/ Wow :-/ He is definitely one hell of a chef! And that is a very beautiful bouquet :)

    Aur kuch likhoon? I think itna kaafi hai. Baaqi followup comments ke baad :P

    Oh and happy burhaapa again hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farman aur Faizan ko bhi dikhayi hai =P

    Actually, it is a workstation and ALSO can be a breakfast table. Isn't that great? I love this thing! My instagram should make you hungry these days, not my posts =P

    Erm.. Jo Aunty Jee ne mujhe diye woh Orchids hi hain =D

    Nai yaar.. why would Sikh be vegetarians? I mean I know Hindus worship Gao Mata so I get that. But why Sikhs? Plus only DJ is a pure vegetarian, his wife eats meat just not beef. Aur tum tau unhain puri tarhan vegan bana rahay ho.. not even vegetarian =P

    Everybody loves Amma ke haath ka khana aafkarse. Apko nai mil raha hints mat drop karain =D

    Bhai thought they were real LOL! He is basically a fusion food Chef.. not so good with desi khanay though. I guess that's a plus for you pheeka eaters and all =^_^=

    Thank you. Next year you'll be 30 inshaAllah.. kaisa lag raha hai? =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THIS post made me hungry :O Khaane peene ki cheezon ki baat kar rahi ho and you're like ke it shouldn't make me hungryyyyyy :P
      Yeah unhi ko dekh ke keh raha hoon muhahahahaha :P I don't think ke woh yeh wale orchids hain waise. Doosre type ke the woh if I'm not wrong.

      Yeah most Sikhs are. I don't know why myself but most of the older ones specially. New generation to sab khaati hai but the older ones were mostly vegetarians. I don't know why though :-/
      Okay just did a quick search. They can't eat meat that is slaughtered the Muslim way specifically :-/

      Naturallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :( Zaalim :( Jao me naraz :'(

      hahahahaha I love fusion and I specially love continental cuisine :P Ji this is a definite plus for us :D Muhahahaha

      hahahhahaha Anytimeeee :D InshaAllah :D Acha lag raha hai :P Bas 25-30 more to go before I'm free from here :P

      Delete
    2. Haan! Sabrun .. will power bhi koi cheez hoti =P

      Well, show me so that I know too!

      I read somewhere that they don't "kill" to eat. I'll confirm with DJ. Muslim or any other religious way.. much the same way we can't eat anything that has been made in the name of another God for eg. Prasad =P

      DJ has invited us to dinner on Saturday. Let's see if it's desi or fusion then I'll tell you =^_^=

      How can you say that? =P

      Delete
    3. Kyun sabrunnnnn :P Nahinnnnnn hoti idherrrr :P Anddddd mile to bataon na lol Can't find it :-/
      Yeah that's what I read that day too. They don't like the idea of killing animals as per Islamic rituals because they find it violent and cruel to the animals.
      Exactly!

      hehehehehehe picssssssssss lenaaaaaaaaa :P

      Why can't I say that? :P Average age dekho Karachi walon ki, phir us ko half karo, and you'll know where you stand as per average ages :P

      Delete
    4. Hahaha! Ooooh I'll get pictures for you =D

      Delete
    5. hahahaha okayyyyyy gooooooooooooooooooood :P

      Delete
  3. Wow nice birthday party and gifts. Mujhay tou aik bhi gift nahi mila :p
    I like this laptop bed table. My hp laptop is like oven on lap when I use it on bed :p
    and thanks for spicy stuff, its yummy :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Not even money? o_O

      Yaar get this thing Faizan.. it's really handy! Kaam karne mai aur bhi maza ata!

      Hahaha.. you are welcome =P

      Delete
  4. Aasalam Aaliakum! Khair Mubarak. You just made me cry I am glad I was the first person to wish you as per PST you are always welcome Aani :-) The flowers on the cake looks so real and congrats to your mom that a chef likes her food it looks so yummy although I've to taste that chaat masala to lost my senses. Congrats that you finally got laptop table and that card looks so cute & those flower bouquets are so beautiful and May your life be fulfilled with laughter & joy, Ameen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walaikum salam.

      Oho.. It made me happy isliye bataya isliye nai ke you cry mere bholay bhaiyya! Chappair khana hai? =P

      Thank youuuu and ameen. JazakAllah khair Farman =)

      Delete
  5. But I miss you Aani :'( & whenever you mention my name in your post it made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!!! :') I miss you too! And our group chats! Like I told you uske telescope se peetna usko he is messing up our routine chats! -_- =P

      Delete