Saturday 5 October 2013

Хина К.

Faizan asked me what my nickname in Ukrainian is. Well..

Meri family mai kisi ko Ukrainian tau nai aati but almost everyone who lives here speaks Russian. Russian mai they don't have the "H" sound they instead pronounce it as "kh" like Urdu wala خ .. so my name becomes Kh-ina -_- Not only that they emphasize the 'i' part A LOT so it sounds like this: Kheeee-na -____- Mai jitna bhi correct kar lon it's still Khina!

 Stop laughing.. chappair paray ga!

Also, yehan pe log ek dosray ko bohat pyaar se bulatay hain. When they do that they add "-chik" at the end of a guy's name and "-ichka" for a girl's name, for example, Zain would become Zainchik and Zara would become Zarichka.

Erm, no. I am not Hinichka or Khinichka to be precise, they call me ... sigh... Khinny! This one I got in Moscow when I went there for treatment. Yehan pe bhi I think they did give me the the same nickname although mostly everyone takes my name. Or what they believe is my name =P

People have called me Hinny back home but oh well I don't mind nicknames no matter how bizarre. I have made my peace with it. Yep Faizan .. THAT is my nickname in Russian =P

Let the leg pulling begin!

Until next time. Ciao!

PS. In case you are wondering, the title is my name in Russian =P

11 comments:

  1. Privet Kheeeeeeena :p
    Thanks for giving me detailed answer Khinichka, I enjoyed reading it.

    Regards,
    Faizanchik :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Very funny Faizanchik! =P Waise apko jaan k khushi hogi kal my brother kept referring to me as Khinny as well as Khinoy (that's what it sounded like) jab woh humari Aunty se baat kar raha tha o_O

      Delete
  2. Khiiiiinaaaaaa :D
    Kinda reminds me of keenu hahahahaha
    Khinichka sounds fun :D I think it fitssssss :D Socho, you've had alcohol lased coffee, and you're having hiccups. Someone asks you your name, and you go "Khiin..*hichka*" instead of *hiccup* :D

    hahahahahahahaha seriously, Khinoy? :-/ Gin Soy? Khiina soy sauce anyone? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How so? Keenu is with kaaf, Kheena is with khay -_-

      Allah na karay I ever have anything that is laced with alcohol -_- Tum sudhro gay nahi na?

      It's very soft oy, not like Ginsoy :P

      Delete
    2. Likha hua parho :P English mein likha hua parho, angraiz style hahahahaha

      muhahahaha woh Kashif hi kaisa jo sudhar jaye :P :D
      hahahahahaha ab to main tumhen Ginsoy bulaonga :P

      Delete
    3. Ek hi baat hai Keenu and Kheena kahin se nai milta =P

      *ignored* =P

      Delete
    4. hahahahaha sure sure keenu :D

      Delete
  3. I AM BACK! woW this is great and your fav. kabachi & Khina both starts with 'K' don't you think Khinny sounds more cute ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back.. I missed youuuuuu!!! Tum bhool rahay ho.. aaj kal Kabachi ko maine Kabachki pe update kiya hua hai =P

      Nickname tau koi mujhe kaisa bhi de de I like it! =D

      Delete