Monday 16 September 2013

Howdy Doody?

Hello fellas! Yes, 16 hours ke safar ke baad I have reached Kyiv (Ukraine) all in one piece alhumdulilah. Time for updates! =D

One of my family traditions that I totally love is whenever someone is leaving for a journey everyone gather for an ijtimai dua :') After the dua we said our good-byes and left for the airport where .. surprise surprise.. I met two of my most favorite, adorable bhaiyyas from Twitter :D THAT'S RIGHT! They came to see me off!!! It was very touching and special because no one (and I mean real life friends) has EVER done that for me. Not to mention the fact that we met for the first time and it is always fun meeting your twitter friends in real life. It was AWESOME! <3 Now that I have met three of my close friends from Twitter I say it's safe to cut off #30 from my bucket list ;-) I also plan to cut off #5, #42 and little of #26 inshaAllah.

So, the journey started off well alhumdulilah. We (as in my family) is from Hazara and almost always we get to meet other people from Hazara in restaurants, airports, hospitals and other places etc. This time our porter was from Hazara too so as a courtesy he made sure all of our luggage went through without any issues and not only that he even helped sending off some carry ons =D That is why I love my people.. always helping!

Dubai airport was a disaster though. Since Daadi was traveling with us my Uncle insisted that we book a hotel for our 3 hours transit (I know I know!!!). We landed in Terminal 2 and were supposed to be transferred to Terminal 1. Ye kaafi interesting conversation thi. Wheelchair ke liye they get a different car with lift so the woman who came to pick us was Filipino and ofcourse her English wasn't very good so:

Filipino Woman: You go outside Dubai?
Me: Yes.
Abbu: No!
Me: No? :-/
Abbu: Hum Kyiv jaa rahay hain.
Me: Haan aur woh Dubai se BAHAR hai! :-S
Abbu: Ye airport se bahar ka pooch rahi hai.
Me: But Abbu she said "go outside Dubai" woh airport bolti na warna.
Filipino Woman *tape recorder bajate huay*: You go outside Dubai?
Me:Yes!
Abbu: NOO!!!
*insert super awkward confusion*
Abbu *daant peestay huay*: No, we are not going outside Dubai.
Filipino Woman: You have visa?
Me: Yes!
Abbu: NO!
*what the ... *
Me: Hai tau Ukraine ka visa!
Abbu *aag bagoola hotay huay*: Hina ab tum chup rehna. We are not going outside Dubai, we don't have visa we only have to go to our Hotel IN the airport.

But boy oh boy, it was like we asked for half of their Sheikh's wealth! First, the very rude lady at the transfer desk told us that we'll miss our next flight and it won't be her responsibility. Then reluctantly they sent us to Terminal 1 where, wait for it, there was no wheelchair available! It takes about 15mins to go from T2 to T1 and we waited there for like half an hour but no naam-o-nishaan of wheelchair. The driver of the bus was a Pathan, Saif ur Rehman Bhai, God bless him. The guy who received us at T1 was also a pathan. Both guys tried very very hard to arrange a wheelchair but to no avail. Saif Bhai even missed his shift. Needless to say I love pathans! We still had 1.5 hours left for the hotel booking but Daadi was tired and pissed. She refused to leave the bus =D So, after wasting 1.5 hours and even giving up going to the hotel we came back to T2 and stayed there for the next 3 hours.

I don't enjoy day flights.. the sun, the light. Maza nahi ata. I prefer flights which start around Maghrib and end around Fajr. It is all so pretty and subtle. Super nazaray! Waise bhi, nothing exciting happened during both my flights, except while traveling from Karachi to Dubai there was this Unkul totally romancing with his wife! Jeez Unkul.. sabrun ghar hi ja rahay hon gay! =P From Dubai to Kyiv, I was mostly sleeping (on Ammi's lap =P ) because I was tired, short on sleep and had a severe migraine. It was so so bad that one of my eye just wouldn't stop twitching! -_- Kafi cranky rahi till 20 minutes before landing kun k then I saw Kyiv. It was beautiful! Not a hint of sun or sunlight, the clouds were dark and fluffy and it was raining! I couldn't take pictures because all the bags were in the stupid overhead bin. Hmph!

All went smooth from there. They have this VIP facility here, as soon as you step out of the plane there is a representative waiting for you. They take care of all your luggage, transport and immigration etc and you are out of the airport and in the parking lot in about 10-15mins. THIS was the weather when we landed =D <3




















Outside waiting for us was my chotay bhaiyya, my Uncle and him:




Meet Igor fellas! I love this guy! He is my Uncle's bodyguard and very protective about me ;-) Don't go for his strict looks he is very kind man. He said "Privet" (pre-v-et) to me while making the Namaste pose. I told him I am a Pakistani and taught him the "Adaab" pose =D Also, he said that I haven't changed a bit in 3years =D YAY!


I am not posting a picture of my ride because well, you'd think I am showing off. Not that it is mine to show off but still =P Our apartment was barely a 10 mins drive and I love itttt (more about it in a separate post soon)! Chotay Bhaiyya cooked Beef Biryani and Chicken Karahi which was delicious. I suppose I should be ashamed since I can't cook like my brothers, but well, I guess I am too besharam now =P



















Ohhh I almost forgot.. my new wheeelssss!!!!

Check out the hottie!
I know there are alot of typos in this post, pakka I'll edit it later. Next two posts about my apartment and when I went to meet my new born cousin sisters =D Meanwhile also enjoy this.

Until next time. Ciao!
 

6 comments:

  1. Finally first post after you've reached your destination YAY. Masha'allah! its good to know you've reached your destination in one piece. Sad to know your Dubai disaster story, Igor looks strong and you didn't share pictures of Biryani and chicken karahai made by your younger brother :( and your new ride is HOT congrats and another congrats for your new born cousin's sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farman =) Igor IS very strong bhalay itna lagta na ho =P

      Also, I have updated the pictures =D

      Delete
    2. Thanks for updating your post, both looks so yummy lekin Chicken Karahai men mirchien kuch ziyada nahi hai ?

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! You have NO idea ke kitni mirchain theen lekin it was still yummy. Also, I told him to go easy on the garnish =P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hahaha! Aap hi reh gaye hain =D Kaash ke tum Karachi mai hotay!

      Delete