Tuesday 10 September 2013

Traveling? Packing? Nightmare!


I once tweeted that my future husband should know how to pack because I don't know it. Okay fine I know it but I won't do it because I don't have the patience for it and well.. that is all I am lazy. I don't know how people who travel frequently cope up with the stress of packing. Maybe they get used to it or maybe it is their natural talent. How I would like to pack stuff? Like they do in the movies! Pick everything up, throw it in the suitcase and voila you are good to go. I don't mind doing it Joey's way too =P

On a very random note, whenever I hear the word "suitcase" I remember this dialogue from Half Plate:

"Tamana Kaleem ko dekhte hi tumhari aankhain aisay khul jaati hain jaise Pakistani suitcase. Band hi honay pe nahi aati hain!" 

Haye haye kya classic dramay thay woh! =D

Acha tau I have been on Ammi's case since the start of this month to start packing, you know be smart, begin with small baby steps. But nooooo, she kept delaying "Abhi bohat time hai!". Now you know where I get my lazy-pana from. In her defense though, she has actual work to do and I am just plain aalsi.

In theory, packing is simple. Select clothes, fold and pack them. In reality? Well...

- Select clothes, shoes, accessories etc;
- Throw everything on the bed;
- Sit, stare at it and wonder when the hell did you buy all this crap;
- Already wasted too much time, go work around the house*;
- Come back stare some more and back to house work*;
- Late at night pick random clothes, fold, pack.



Anyway, so I was going through my stuff and I found these:

"Feb 15, 2010 6.35pm

I have realised that if you point a fault in someone nicely, and not because you are mocking or making fun, but because you genuinely care about the person, they will point back ten in you not-so-nicely. In that moment, all the good you have ever done will be forgotten and all they will remember are your own shortcomings. Don't do it. Just be their friend, either they'll realise it on their own or never will. In any case, whatever you say will not make a difference."

"Feb 21, 2010 4.15pm

If you aim for a clean slate, by asking for forgiveness from people you have hurt. By apologising for your mistakes. By trying to make right all the wrong that you have done. If you are trying to be a better person, then have it. Don't focus on the past. It's time to start over - with yourself."

I have never kept a diary because one people don't respect your privacy and second I don't have the discipline. Instead what I used to do was write small notes, poems, quotes randomly and put them inside books and files etc. I don't know why I wrote these but thought I'd share =)

Until next time. Ciao!

*In my case, switch house work to watching Person of Interest =P

4 comments:

  1. That is such a hectic I can imagine, good luck with your packing & thanks for sharing archives from your diary may be I'll pick some lines too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Farman :)

      You should see my old notes, books, journals etc in every little corner I had scribbled something, my friends used to scold me for not saving it properly but see then I wouldn't have these little surprises =^_^=

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this, especially those six wonderful steps to suitcase packing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I don't travel much but I am telling you happens EVERY frikkin time! =P

      Delete