Friday 20 September 2013

Weekend Begins!

Yesterday was interesting. My morning started like this:


Yep! I broke a lamp or atleast a part of it. Ammi asked me about it ... during my sleep! Got me off the hook though =D

Anyway, the good part. Four of my cousins, two of them with families, came from Donetsk and my eldest cousin woke me up with a finger up my nose. Literally. No, I am not kidding =P My Uncle and his wife were also back from London so they visited us too.

My Daadi hurt herself quite bad and cannot travel. Travel tau durr ki baat she is bed ridden and cannot even leave her room =( That is why everyone is coming to our place instead of us going anywhere for a while.

So khair there were about 20 or so people in our house today and it was just like I was back in Pakistan. Halla gulla, khana peena, chai ke rounds.. full baithak type scene na. Din kab shuru hua, kab khatam pata hi nai chala! The most special part? I met this little cutie pie for the first time and it was love at first sight:






Apparently, she is more sughar than her desi cousins =P Guys, drum roll for Javeria, my delightful little firangi niece =D


I always thought that if I was a professional photographer, my specialty would be shooting brides and kids. But noooo, this little cheeky monkey had to prove me wrong! I've never seen a child as adorable and full of energy as this girl. It was almost impossible to click a decent picture! She kept running around, laughing, dancing, playing .. mashaAllah mashaAllah nazar na lagay. Next time though I am shooting a video, she is too charming for still photos ;o)

After dinner, my favorite nephew Zain gave me my first Russian lesson.



Surprisingly, he was quite patient with me.. well, at least more than my brothers ever were. I kept asking him questions and making him repeat line after line, word after word again and again but not once did he get irritated mashaAllah. I mean I would've snapped too but not this kid. In the end he also took a mini test and said we'll do our next lesson tomorrow =P He also gave me 'good' and '10 out of 12' even though I answered all his questions correctly -_- He was quite proud at trolling me!

After our very tiring lesson we had a little treat =^_^=


They were yummy but would've tasted even better with some BBQ sauce which I didn't have and Tabasco didn't do the trick for me.

I think that's about it for now. Or has to be. I better go sleep because these kids will definitely be waking me up early!

Until next time. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Masha'allah! This was your best day ever in Ukraine so far I hope your Daadi get well soon, Ameen. Your cousin is adorable & sughar as she cleaning the carpet in first pic and you are right its quite hard to capture one perfect portrait shot of kids cos they are so energetic & mast in their own world. I hope your russian will get better as your cousins are quite patient with you and that treat looks so yummy & spicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ameen sumAmeen :)

      Nahi yaar I am really good at capturing kids lekin this one was a delightful exception! =D

      Cousins only correct me at times but nephew is teaching me very patiently.

      Delete